Saturday 30 March 2013

'DARK be the Days' 4th edition of CORRECT ME IF I’M WRONG!

www.bryceabaker.com

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!                                March 22, 2013

By author Bryce A Baker

DARK be the Days 
                                  
          DARK BE the days that we see race, religion, gender, size, intelligence or any physical disability as a target for prejudice. Most people see prejudice as race motivated, but blankets more than I personally can tolerate. We have all been the subject of some form or another. In high school my short stature was of no concern but after moving out into the work force it was. Apparently as per studies funded, tall men have more structure as a leader or businessman. Guess the taller one means more brain cells. I’m going to focus on the most common human dysfunction; racial leveling. As a kid I went to a back woods school in northern Ontario. We played and went to school with many different nationalities, but I personally learnt a lot from the native kids. We played in nature and even though my spiritual understanding at the time was different I respected them and they respected me. Racial difference was great to share different ideas. Now that said, things have changed as an adult.
          To me, any culture difference is not for me to judge or change in any way except when that person misuses their race or religion as a tool of condemnation or manipulation. I will return to that note shortly.
          Over the years I have had great friends of different races and religions. My best friend in Calgary was Chinese. I trained a female Undercover Officer that was half East Indian. I have a Native Canadian Law Enforcement Officer as a good and trusted friend. To me they are people, not a segregated species. As a Caucasian and in law enforcement I have been blasted with reverse prejudice. Yes it works both ways. Handcuffing someone for breaking the law doesn’t mean it’s because they are a different color.  My Chinese friend and I used to frequent Sunday dim sum in Chinatown in Calgary. As a Caucasian they wouldn’t even look at me. My friend would do the ordering. I understand that the white people abused them and many other races over history, but I don’t condemn someone whose ancestor did something wrong. I have had many white people do a number on me, so evil intent is evil intent no matter how shaded.
          Now I could go into the ‘within’ race abuse and the endless stories and branches of prejudice but it isn’t within the limited structure of this writing. My point, simply put is since the first dawn there has been battles between tribes and religions at great human cost, and for what; to gain power or a piece of dirt. Writing this short piece won’t fix the problem but one thing I know; He who casts a stone in hate already is paying the price.
          It is a known fact that a smile and a good deed for your neighbor is a positive chemical reaction to your brain.

Please… CORRECT ME IF I’M WRONG!

Bryce A Baker

http://www.bryceabaker.com/CORRECT_ME_IF_I_M_WRONG.html

No comments:

Post a Comment